One more thing

To: "jack williams" <jackandangie@home.com>
Subject: One more thing
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:48:10 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "jack williams"
>The Previous owner purchased a Crane electronic ignition kit. Would it be
worhtwhile to install it? Has anybody ever had any experience with it?
<

Although the Crane provides no performance advantage over a stock ignition
system in good tune, I encourage you to install the Crane because once it
is in you can forget about it.  It will require no adjustments and
maintenence - unlike points.

Unless you are going to show the car in a concours don't worry about
originality.  Many, many TR6's sport electronic ignition systems - simply
for the reliability advantage.  If you want to be stealth about it (and
you'll be hard pressed to see the Crane on my TR8 until I point it out to
you) you can locate it in an non-obvious location and wrap the wires with
harness tape and it will look no different than factory.

Dave Massey