Re: One more thing

Subject: Re: One more thing
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 20:19:17 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
We should probably be clear that Crane makes several different
electronic ignitions.

However, the XR700 fires the spark exactly the same as the Pertronix
does, the only difference is how the pickup works.  (And of course the
Pertronix packs all it's electronics inside the dizzy.)  All that either
one adds to the spark is a faster rise time, which will only help fire
fouled plugs.  The other spark characteristics are still controlled by
the coil and plugs, just as with points.

Randall