Dumb question on suspension bushings

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dumb question on suspension bushings
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:38:51 -0400
Hi all,

I put one of my TR6's upper wishbones back together and bolted it back
onto the frame last weekend.  Yah! the reassembly has begun!  But so
have the lingering questions and doubts.

I'm using poly bushings and based on the advice of the list, have used a
good dose of anitseize on the bushings to prevent squeaking when the car
is complete and on the road again.

But I've noticed that half of one of the bushings does not rotate with
the A-arm but rather stays stationary with the frame mounted pivot
stud.  The poly bushings I have are split in the middle to make it easy
to get them into the A-arm.  The other three halves all rotate with the
A-arm so the metal inner sleeve pivots around the frame mounted stud.

My question is if this particular 1/2 bushing not rotating with the
A-arm is a problem.  Will that part wear out faster from the rubbing of
the A-arm?  Should the entire bushing remain stationary wrt the A-arm
and only pivot on the metal sleeve that runs down it's centre?

Rob
74.5  TR6  CF28217UO
Ottawa, ON