Re: TR6 running too cool?

To: <corey.sherman@rcn.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 running too cool?
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:45:28 -0700
Corey,
I don't see anyone jumping in here, so I'll give you my humble opinion FWIW.

On modern cars, running too cold can be a problem because it throws the
sensors off which throws the mixture off.  Without that to worry about,
however, I don't think too cool will cause any damage.  To determine if in
fact it is too cold, turn on the heater.  If you are getting a goodly amount
of hot air, your engine is running hot enough.  If not, then the water
wetter may be doing too good a job.  On a modern car, the thermostat can
cause this problem, but I doubt that is the case here since they are
supposed to open all the way once the engine is wamed up.

Hope this helps,

Bob