Re: Mechanical Engineering question (long, but on-topic)

To: ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM
Subject: Re: Mechanical Engineering question (long, but on-topic)
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:33:31 +0200
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Randall ,
How about cutting a slot in one of the arms of the rack ? If the slot
was angled towards the rear of the car, and slightly downwards ,
this would hook onto the bolt and the rack would be fixed solidly
with the acorn nut ,but could easily be removed when the fasteners
are all undone .
Just an idea .
Cheers
Mike  no ME degree !