Re: Mechanical Engineering question (long, but on-topic)

Subject: Re: Mechanical Engineering question (long, but on-topic)
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:11:11 -0700
Randall,

I have that type of rack (from TRF) and found that the distance between
the arms at the hinge end is a loose enough fit that I can spring the
arm enough to slip one side off the threaded portion. Note that this
doesn't put any permanent bend in the arm. Even though I can do this
I'm not real happy with the fit of the rack :-(

As far as a different design, all I can think of is a pin with (or
without) a fake acorn nut that pushes in from the outside and has a
thread on the inside end for a little stainless lock nut.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com