RE: Wire Wheel Rim Bands

To: "'Phil Evans'" <phillup@bellsouth.net>, triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wire Wheel Rim Bands
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:20:16 -0700
Phil,

I ordered rim band tape from British Wire Wheel when I did my wires a couple
of years ago.  It turned out to be nothing more than thicker than normal
(heavy) vinyl-plastic electrical tape, about 1 1/2" wide.  I imagine you
could find something similar at the local Home Depot or any other home
improvement store.  It seems to work well, I haven't had any problems so
far.  Also, the leftover tape (about 3/4 of the roll) has lots of other uses
around the garage.

Don't use duct tape! The DPO of my wires did, and it deteriorates and
bunches up over time.

Good luck,
Dennis