re: Wire Wheel Rim Bands

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Wire Wheel Rim Bands
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:31:28 -0600
Not having wires on my car I haven't looked that closely at this tape
but it looks to be the same tape they wrap welded joints on oil and gas
pipelines before they bury it, it is a PVC tape about 4 times as thick
as electrical tape and comes in 2" & 4" wide roles like duct tape. If
you are in an area that the oil industry operates in and know anyone in
the business you might be able to pick up enough to do the job for free.
Unfortunately I'm no longer in that line of work it's how I Paid my way
through College.

Doug Hamilton
1960 TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet