Idle time

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Idle time
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 05:35:54 -0700 (PDT)
E-mail Certification:
This message has been certified to be free of any mention of Vacuum Advance,
Timing or Engine Efficiency.

:)

Dave Massey wrote:

But that's all beside the point.  The point is that a car spends very
little time idling and the fuel consumption at idle has an insignificant
impact on fuel milage.  ;-)

Cheers

Dave

Can't comment on how it affects fuel consumption but I will chime in on the
time idling.

Dave must not drive around Northern Virginia very much.
stop and go driving means a LOT of time idling.  (Which I notice a lot since my
"hi performance" cam doesn't give them most pleasant idle.)

But then again. . . the one and only time I visited Dave I spent an eternity
idling on the interstate east of St. Louis.  (Fred Thomas and Dan Masters can
attest to this)

Dave - today around 4:00, try driving about 1/2 hour east of St. Louis and then
turn around and head home.  Then tell us about time idle time.

Scott Tilton
Go to work early, Stay late. . .avoid the traffic in
Leesburg Virginia
http://phone.yahoo.com