Always the same....

To: Triumphs LIST <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Always the same....
From: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:29:31 -0400
Hello to all lister's

Over the pas 5 years I redone almost evrything on my 6, but I always had
the same problem with the idle speed. In town the idle is almost perfect
(almost because perfection is not possible with a TR..) but when I do
long runs on the highway, when I slow down for a stop, the idle is very
rough and won't stay at 850...  I checked evrything on it.. Here are the
specs.

TIMING 4 AFTER with vaccum plugged
10 before static
NO EGR
NO AIR PUMP

What I have done :
Rebuilt carb 3 time !!(new needles, seat needles, new shaft, shaft bush,
diaphram in bypass,...
Resrufaced intake manifold
Resurfaced carb at manifold
Pertonix ignitor
new lucas sport coil
new wire
new BOSH plugs 0.25gap
new vacuum retard capsule
double checked all vacuum tubing
rebuilt fuel pump
fully rebuilt engine and head

Could it be the temp. compensator?? What would it do if I plug them?
Any ideas would be apreciated...

Thanks,
Jonathan Beaudoin
76' TR6
71' TR6 (Unable to do a part car with it WILL rebuild!)
Check my Stowe pics at http://www3.sympatico.ca/jbdoin/index.htm   (Let
me know if you see your car!)