Re: Always the same....

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Always the same....
From: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 16:05:04 -0400
Cc: Triumphs LIST <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Jonathan, long time, no hear. Yes for sure.. Alway's fun to come back
> "home"!!!
>
> I assume that when you say "Vacuum Plugged" you mean it is connected, no?
> If the vacuum is disconnected then the 4 degrees ATDC is too late.

Yes the vacuum is connected... Also I can remember my temp gage staying right
in the middle of the window.... even when iddling  in traffic. Now it look
like it goes up to 3/4 in traffic.

> I almost sounds like the mixture may be set too rich.  How does it start
> and run when cold?

I start good but one thing is weird, if I turn the key one time I could keep
cranking a long time and it won't start. The way to start it is to give it a
turn (2-5 secs, then stop and re crank it... it fires up right away... When
cool I have to push back the choke normally..  to fully in position in 3 to 5
mins.