RE: Jacks

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Jacks
From: "Dylan Pedersen" <pdylan@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 00:33:16 -0600
Ok Joe -
You win!  I though ~6" clearance was bad on the TR4, 3" is tough.  You do
get to race, so I don't feel too bad for you <grin>.

Though, I have found that my garage is not very level, and I have had to
move the Triumph to get the jack to fit!

Dylan
Inferno Red '63 TR4

Joe Wrote:

Wow, All this talk about limited clearance to slide a floor jack under your
car!

I probably have it worse than anyone with Tiny Tim the race spit.  I have
about 3 inches clearance under the car and have to put a 1x4 under the
corner of the trunk pan and use that as a pad to jack it up a bit until I
can get another jack under the frame.

On the front, the frame curves up, so I can actually get the jack under the
higher part of the frame and jack it up enough so that I can get another
jack under the lower part of the frame (front cross member)!
In other words, I have to do it in stages!!!

Joe