GT6 rebuild (3)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 rebuild (3)
From: "mcgibney" <mcgibney@attcanada.ca>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 22:21:23 -0600
Thanks to all for your input. I will accept the wisdom of the list, that the
gearbox won't take kindly to the extra torque that the 2.5 puts out. Good
news, I guess, as the dismantling so far has shown the motor to be in pretty
good shape. But it also means I'm looking for a 3.89 rear end.

Next question. Any recommendations a source for headers? Some DPO had
installed what appears to be a set meant for a series 1 engine (horizontal
exit, very poor port alignment) and used a very large beating tool to get them
to "fit". Lots of dents on the pipes, bent manifold studs and signs of leakage
all around the gasket. Don't ask how much fun it was removing it.

cheers

Scott