TR6 Heater Cable

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Heater Cable
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:41:26 -0700 (PDT)
Anyone else out there been severely frustrated by the cable that controls the
heater valve in a TR6?

I've been swapping cables and even the valve in hopes of getting something to
work acceptably and am just about at wits end.

Seems like such a simple thing.

What's causing it to require such tremendous force to actuate that stupid
valve?

Best I can figure it is the bends the cable is forced to make.
But damned if I know how to remedy it.

I mean, the rigid part right behind the dash panel is so long that after it is
installed, there isn't much room between it and the heater.

As a matter of fact. . .while I'm whining. . .that entire heater is pretty
mediocre.

Open the fresh air vent in front of the windshield or you don't get any air
flow.

The vents on the dash only blow fresh air.
They need to be closed to force hot air through the other routes.

And that stupid metal flap that directs air to the defogger or towards your
feet. . . . not the most effective thing in the world.

Friggin heater!

Scott Tilton
In Leesburg, VA
with busted cables, knobs and valves all over the place.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1