Silverstone wheel finish options

To: "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silverstone wheel finish options
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:18:33 -0700
I have just received 4 Silverstone 8 spokes for my TR-6 which were purchased
from fellow lister Bruce Harding. They are in very good shape overall, much
better than they looked in the photos acually. Thank you Bruce. I am now in
possession of 8 of the beasties the other 4 being on the car of course. I am
now in the process of determining the best finish options for all of them
for long term protection and beauty. Years of maintenance on the originals
has proven to me that paint is not suitable for long term protection. A
couple of other options come to mind. Powder coating or anodizing. Before I
start running around to the local powder coaterand or anodizer does anyone
here know anything about metalurgy. Will either of these options work on
pure magnesium. Your thoughta are greatly appreciated

Dean