Re: Silverstone wheel finish options

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: Re: Silverstone wheel finish options
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:35:36 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Apply the color coat as usual, after the color pigment has flowed out to a
slick glossy finish, remove it from the oven and apply the clear coat right
then, most of it will melt from the metal heat, just slip it back in the
oven and let that flow out to a slick finish also. By applying the clear
while it is hot it will adhere to the color coat and bond onto it  as one
and not 2 seperate coats. I spent a full day recently with the local retail
P/C shop and he showed me this as well as a couple other tricks. If you let
the base color coat dry completely then apply the clear it becomes a second
coat and does not have a strong base to attach too (the color is slick & dry
now), by still being hot it is like sanding down the first coat and giving
the clear a etched surface.  "FT"