64 TR4 headed to repainters.

To: paulwillou@socal.rr.com
Subject: 64 TR4 headed to repainters.
From: "Don Spence" <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:14:40 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Antenna.  I don't have a working radio.  When I pulled out the antenna, the
> molded rubber gasket fell apart.  Should I replace antenna with some
> after-market (source?) or have body shop fill hole?

Nothing special about the antennae. I put a powered one on mine just to
avoid vandalism when it's parked.

> Grill.  It took some jockeying to get grill out.  How do you put it back on
> without scratching the paint?  Do you have to remove the hood?
Mines a 4A and I had no problem putting it back. If necessary line the
potential contact points with masking tape and peel off once it's loosely in
place.

> Rear fender beading.  I removed the front fender beading.  It was such a
> chore that I chose to leave the rears on the car.  They look even more
> difficult.  Anyone have any experience with the rear fender beading?
It's best if you remove or at least loosen the fenders. (You did want to
clean up any rust on the inner lips before you had it painted didn't you?)