Re: Leaking Stromberg, what to do ?

To: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Pat Leask" <pleask@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Leaking Stromberg, what to do ?
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:22:37 -0600
Sounds like a needle valve isn't closing.  It might be clogged with some
debris.  Easiest and fastest thing to try is pull the float chambers off
with the carbs still on and work the needle valve up and down and blow a
little canned air up around it.  That might help for awhile.  If the carbs
were gummy then there might be some varnish particles in your system too.
Dump the gas from bottom of the fuel chambers into a white or yellow
bowl..if you have black specs grind one up between your fingers..if it turns
to gold dust it's most likely varnish.  Put a fuel filter between the fuel
pump and the carbs or if it's a continual problem reline your gas tank and
clean/replace the fuel lines throughout.  Oh and clean your fuel pump out
too (from the top).

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)