Dumb, Embarassing & Funny

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, six pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dumb, Embarassing & Funny
From: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:25:37 -0400
This past Friday night, I drove my '75 TR6 to a local parking lot car
show. As I was showing off the car to an admirer and pointing out how
the gauges looked like new since I disassembled and cleaned them, I
switched on the lights to showcase their brilliance - nothing but
darkness on the dashboard. Headlights and all the other lights worked.
In a panic, I opened the bonnet and  checked the fuses. Within minutes,
I had the rocker switch in my hand checking the connections. I began to
imagine the worst Lucas nightmare one could think of.

As spectators walked by I could almost hear them mumble under their
breath as I continued trying to resolve the problem. It stumped me for
several minutes (felt like an eternity ). Absolutely everything on this
car works all the time and these types of problems simply don't happen.
I'm surrounded by many friends who are "mechanically gifted", but none
offers a viable solution. Out of nowhere, MY WIFE asks, "could the
dimmer switch be turned down?"  YES!!! YES!! YES!!

Moral of the story: Listen to your wife - sometimes.

Bob Fabie
Fredericksburg, Va
'75 TR6

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
rmf3860.vcf]