Re: Convex Mirrors

To: "Triumph (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Convex Mirrors
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 01 05:47:25 -0700
>I saw "convex mirrors"...both LH and
>RH (and they dont have the silly "objects in mirror..." statement on
>them!)...
>
>Just installed them (even I can do this one)...WOW, what a difference...
>these mirrors are not a bit convex, they are REALLY convex- evertyhgin
>looks funhousey and distorted...but you can see the entire road behind
>you!  Its fantastic!  Its better visibility than my normal truck...didnt
>take as long as I thought to adjust the depth perception in my mind,
>either...

I have convex wing mirrors on both my TR3A and my Land Rover and agree
they are great.  They are not good for tiny details like a door mirror is
but hey let me know when something is alongside my rear quarter better
than a flat dor mirror.

To me the best thing about them is that you do not have to turn your eyes
off the traffic ahead of you to see whats on both sides.  I think of them
as a safety feature (Try & check closely what is in your right mirror
without taking your eyes off the vehicle that may or may not be slowing
down for the stop sign on the side road coming up).

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937