Re: TR4 frame repair sections

To: ko3@columbia.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 frame repair sections
From: "Barry Robinson" <sprite059@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:56:16 +1000 FILETIME=[047935F0:01C15DB9]
It is possible to remake the front section and weld it back onto the tr4
frame. My left front had been badly damaged and I was able to fold up new
steel and to weld it all back in. It would need to be done without the body
on. I cut the whole tower and suspension supports off, then cut off the
outside U section put on to widen the chassis on the TR4 then reformed them
in new steel and welded it back on making sure I controlled distortion as I
did it. My tower was badly damaged, if you have a rusty tower just copy the
measurements and fold up new steel. My chassis alignment  was then checked
by my local panel beater on a car aligner.
I also made up bars to fit the suspension points to make sure every thing
was on centre and lined up correctly.
Hope this may help

Barry Robinson
Dubbo Australia