Re: TR4 frame repair sections

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 frame repair sections
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:06:49 EDT
Cc: ko3@columbia.edu
Kevin  O'Driscoll said:
>I guess I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the "turret support section"
but if it is the lower frame member that the shock/spring housing is
attached to I don't think what you propose is going to be a straight weld
in job.

Kevin & list,
Thanks to all who responded but I do not think I made it clear exactly what I
needed. I need to replace the frame support that goes up at a 30 degree angle
from the frame to the shock towers as the paint was burned off and rot set
in. The rest of the frame and the shock tower are in good shape. I received
the Rimmers catalog and see that they sell the support for the TR4A but not
the 4. My question is will the support from the 4A be made to work on the 4?
Maybe I would be better off to have apiece fabricated to fit. My frame is
strong and I don't want to replace it.
Peter Schoppelry
63' TR4 CT24422