TR4 frame repair sections

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 frame repair sections
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 23:00:42 EDT
Good news. I just received my first Rimmer Bros catalog for my TR4. They have
chassis repair sections that I have been looking for my 4. After the fire in
the front of my car five years ago, part of the frame has been sitting
exposed to the weather without any protective paint or oil on it. Because of
that, I have rot that has eaten thru the metal. The compromised part of the
frame is called by Rimmer the "Turret support section." It is the part of the
frame that goes up at a 30 degree angle to support the top of the suspension
tower. Now my problem is that Rimmer states that they have remanufactured
chassis for the TR4a and TR5/TR250 along with repair sections. They also
state "At the time of writing, new chassis and any repair sections for the
TR4 are not available." With that said, aren't the front of the TR4 and
TR4a/250 the same? Will the turret support section of the TR4a/250 fit the
TR4?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Schoppelry
63 TR4 CT 24422