RE: tool hunting

To: Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tool hunting
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:49:04 -0700
Paul :

Get a set of 'snap' inside bore gauges, they're only about $15 at Enco.  Put
the appropriate gauge in the bore, make sure it's centered and perpendicular
(stick an old piston in below it for a guide), then tighten the thumbscrew.
Tilt it out, then measure it with your micrometer.  Just as accurate as a
dial bore gauge, and a whole lot cheaper.  You can also check for ovality,
by taking two measurements at right angles to each other.  The wear across
the crank axis is usually worse than the wear along the crank axis.

Randall