RE: VIN number

To: "'Edward Woods'" <fogbro1@home.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: VIN number
From: Ed Quinn <equinn@airtreatment.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:40:46 -0700
Funny,
I moved to CA and went to the DMV with the car and registration for out of
state inspection.

The number on the inside of the door, on the plate, did not match the
registration (I never noticed), then the windshield small plate was
different, the firewall different again.  After repeated trips home
searching and pleading (I even took my other windshield frame back), I ended
up having to register with the state police, which then took a week while
they did a search, then went back to DMV with a letter (authorization) to
change the car, at which point they still gave me a ton of grief.

A month later I got the title in the mail and it says the exact same number
(that doesn't match any number on the car), and the car is now a TR6
Renault.  What is this darn title for anyway???  God help the next owner
cause I'm not going through that again anytime soon!!

Ed