Re: Whitworth

To: "TR Listserv" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Whitworth
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:41:14 -0600
Whitworth wrench sizes correspond to the nominal diameter of the fastener -
ie, a 1/2" wrench fits the head of a standard BSF or BSW screw or bolt.  Of
course if the head is NOT standard, then...

But who'd ever expect anything non-standard on a British car???

And if you want even more sources for British Standard tools, try Moss or any
of the standard parts sources who sell older MG parts - MGTC's and prior had
Whitworth and BSF pretty much throughout.

Karl Vacek
'66 TR4A
'68 TR250
'64 Amphicar