Re: Another Thing About Trunnions

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another Thing About Trunnions
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:23:43 -0000
Hi John
I too dislike the easy out extractors, by far the best thing I have seen is
a stud and bolt removal system which uses splined rods and special nuts to
drive them, It comes as a complete kit of bits for several sizes and
includes the correct drills so that driving the splined rods in doesn't
expand the bolt in the hole like the tapered things.
The kit belongs to my Dad, if I can remember to ask him and he can find them
I will get the manufacturers name!
I have broken more of the conventional easy outs than I have removed bolts
with this kit but I have only had one of the splined drives break on me in
about ten or so uses of the tool.

Graham.