Re: Nitrous in a TR4?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nitrous in a TR4?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:58:34 -0000
Hi Noah
For several years now we have had a Guy come to the Isle of Wight TSSC
camping weekend, he is nicknamed "Turbo Nutter Bastard" (even has a little
sticker like a dealer splash in the rear window with this on!). This is on a
GT6 running a turbo through a (2?) Webers. all neatly plumbed in besides
this lot is a NO kit, with, if my memory serves me, two methods of
actuation. One a switch on the stick and one under the pedal for that WOT
moment!
I know he uses it, I have seen it in action, one word for that "WOW". He
tells us he has had few problems with the reliability of the drive train,
and the only complaint he had was that due to lower compression, around 7:1
so the turbo doesn't blow the engine apart, the car was a little lower
powered until the turbo cuts in! Which I would think to be normal?

Graham.