Re: prices on ebay

To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: prices on ebay
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 02 14:45:22 -0800
>As a buyer on eBay,  When a "new" item gets to within
>60 - 70% of the price new, I go with a trusted retailer.

I sorta go with that as well on new stuff but things I buy tend to be no
longer available new.  I try to do my value homework before I bid and do
not go over my calculated max bid.  Many times others want things more
than I do.

I'm just now starting to go through my piles of stuff to use e-bay as a
garage sale place.  My first test was a new float, fuel inlet valve and
seat and top gasket for a 40DCOE.  I have 45DCOEs on my car so they do
not fit.  The $21 I got for it on e-bay sure beats tossing it in the
trash.

I just now put up my second and third items: a single 45DCOE carb and a
new 6 blade 15 inch cooling fan for a Ford small block engine.  I'll see
how those go before opening all those boxes of things I no longer plan to
use but are too good to toss out.

This e-bay thing might just be a good way for me to clean up my act.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937