RE: TR3a bottom door seal

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "'elliottd'" <elliottd@look.ca>, "'J.H. Roulleaux'" <Jean.Roulleaux@skynet.be>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a bottom door seal
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:49:53 -0800
At 11:48 AM -0500 2/11/02, David A. Templeton wrote:
>Wow, I must have struck lucky then, because after getting the list's advice,
>I put them on and the door closes nice and snug.  Guess the body shop did
>better with lining up the door than originally thought.  Some days I count
>my lucky stars and continue then there are the days where I "vent" a little
>about things like seals not fitting.
>
>The one thing I noticed was the seal has to go in a very particular
>orientation.  The upper one on the body has the "ear" part to the inside of
>the car.  Whereas, the lower seal has the "ear" to the outside of the car so
>it sits between the outer groove of the sill and the outer door bottom lip.

I have to agree with David, the orientation is critical, I installed
a set and the doors work fine, and the "quiet" difference is very
noticable, I will admit it took some more "force" to close the door
but after sitting for a week or so the seal seems to compress, making
the closing easier.

--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3