Re: Ok, a TR6 Question

Subject: Re: Ok, a TR6 Question
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 15:22:30 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I agree with Andy.

Triumphs are not your average automobile, which is to say, yes, they are "owner
intensive."  They do require the owner to be aware of a few maintenance
intervals
and how the car is generally put together.   And a little prevention goes a long
way with these cars.

My GT6 is virtually a daily driver, and in the four years I've owned the car,
it's
left me stranded once -- when I ignored that vibration in the rear wheels too
long, and blew a u-joint.  Not bad for a car that is 30 years old next year.

By contrast, look around at some of the older Miatas that are on the street.  By
older, I mean the cars that are about ten years old.  You'll see faded paint,
cracked tops, and cracked plastic bumpers.  Not pretty.  Wonder how they'll look
and drive in 2022?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6