Re: LBC history, and little riverboat history

To: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>, "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC history, and little riverboat history
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:53:29 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Paige, Dean <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
To: 'pethier@isd.net' <pethier@isd.net>; Mark Hooper
<mhooper@pixelsystems.com>; 'triumphs@autox.team.net'
<triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, February 15, 2002 4:52 PM
Subject: RE: LBC history

>I stand corrected. I wonder if thats true in other areas/and or on
>steamboats say on the Sacramento River or if the usage is particular to
>Mississip boatmen?

Dunno.  I did ride a Sacramento River boat.  Of course, it had been refitted
to more closely resemble a proper Mississippi boat.  Still has the single
smokestack, though.  I speak, of course, of the Delta Queen, which made the
trip towed backwards through the Panama Canal (crated like a piano and towed
by a tug) just after the war.  My wife and I rode it from Saint Louis to
Saint Paul in the fall of 1973.

Last I heard, the Delta King was still in California (Stockton?), with quite
a few of its parts cannibalized for the Queen.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org