RE: purchase from Harbor Freight

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: purchase from Harbor Freight
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:31:14 -0800
> I don't know about their dollys, but I do know I'll 'never' buy
> from their
> catalog again.

While I'll agree with Bob that I'm a bit leery of ordering from the web site
again, I'll have to say that my return of the wrong pump went pretty
smoothly.  Took only a couple of minutes to get through to a human, they
listened politely, asked what I wanted them to do, "no problem sir".  Got
the return shipping tag in about a week, and the next months Visa bill had
the entire charge reversed.  My main complaint is I still don't have a pump
<g>

> Most of their tools are crap but stuff like
> tarps, maybe
> dollys, jack stands seem to be fine and pretty cheap too.

I own and use a fair number of their tools, I've always found the quality to
be commensurate with the price.  Never any problem with returning or
replacing anything either.  Precision measuring tools (calipers and such)
are about the only thing I absolutely would not buy from them.

Randall