Re: new spit owner

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new spit owner
From: "Jon Paschke" <JPASCHKE@bak.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:13:17 -0800
Thanks for the quick responses! I better clarify a little more. First I
picked it up in a Mountain community where there were very steep hills to
get home. On the test drive it seemed OK, now I mean we are always in UNDER
drive, on the flat area I did shift the OD up and down and it's wired right
only 3rd and 4th go OD and back and if you stop it will drop out to low
cause I did forget.. On the second drive with the wife it slipped trying to
start up the hill from stopped. I backed up and tried the hill in reverse
and up we went no slipping, I had to reverse twice to get to the top and
then it was all down hill and everything was fine except if I gassed it in
1st or 2nd. I have just driven it home and won't drive anymore until I
figure this out. It is not the clutch!! I am real sure of that. Doesn't act
like a clutch.
Thanks for the help.
Jon
79 1500