Re: new spit owner

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new spit owner
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:49:40 -0000
Hi Jon
Just reading Some replies on this, I too would concentrate on the electrics,
however I had a Dolomite that started to drive like an auto, I found that
the spool valve had started to come unscrewed from the iron core of the
solenoid, meaning that even when the soleniod was properly disengaged the
spool valve was still partially open, allowing the OD to engage, however due
to the helix of the gears, the application of power causes the cone to pull
away from the engaged position and slip. The spool valve has an allen key
hole in the end for tightening.

Graham.