TR-4 Choke cables

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4 Choke cables
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 05:07:58 -0800 (PST)
I had to purchase a new choke cable for the TR-4 (with Zenith Stromberg Carbs)

Over the years . . mine has gotten progressively shorter and shorter.

Why?

Because the end of the cable that gets clamped in the carb body always gets to
frayed and really messed up so badly that it won't go through the holes in the
linkage .  . etc.

As I said before, I'm not the most patient guy in the world so I end up cutting
it down shorter and shorter.

Has anyone got a good way to keep the end of that wire from getting frayed?

Some sort of sleeve that gets crushed on it?
Soldering?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Tilton
Trying to get the TR4 ready for a daily use.