Re: TR6 rear suspension

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 rear suspension
From: "ian.viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 19:02:05 -0000
Dear Paul
I am planning to convert my 1973 TR6 to tube shocks. I have rejected the
system that puts loading on the body and the 2 bolt (to lever shock mounts)
system. A friend has experienced chassis cracks with the latter. The system
I am know considering is marketed by TR Bitz and is a three bolt bracket
utilising lever shock mount plus redundant bump stop mount - thereby
"triangulating" the load.
Regards,
Ian Viles