Re: [triumph_herald] Herald Progress

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Herald Progress
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 22:31:57 -0000 g22MZjH19869
From: Scott A. Roberts <herald1200@comcast.net>

> Two questions for those who might know... According to Costigan's book, the
>push on door seals for a 1200 are GREY not Black (pg. 89- "Door seals fitted
>to 948s incorporated a fabric section which matched the upholstery colour;
>1200 seals were invariably grey...") This is correct?

1200 seals were generally grey, though later ones may have been colour coded as
on the 13/60. Going off on a tangent (as ever), Mike Costigan only details the
early 948 sealswhich were in fact colour coded, but they were of a strange
composition, the 'U' channel being covered in a plastic impregnated fabric.
During 1960 they ceased to be colour coded, with the 'U' section no longer
having any covering and remaining black. The more usual fabric covering became
common with the 1200s - I have always presumed it was introduced at the
introduction of that model. I am not aware of any supplier producing a seal of
the correct pattern for any Herald.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--