Re: [triumph_herald] Herald Progress

To: John Kipping <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, William Davies <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Herald Progress
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 10:51:48 -0500
OK- I'll let you all in on my secret... I got the weather stripping I'm
going to use from Restoration Specialty and Supply in Windber,
Pa.(814)-467-9282 www.restorationspecialties.com

They list it as "Sports Car Windlace- Cloth Covered... Replacement door
weatherstrip for 1962-66 Chrysler Corp. Cars. Rubber Bulb Seal With A
Colored Cloth Covering. Snaps On Metal Edge" Available in many colors- $3.00
a foot.Part #500SC Sports Car

I got mine at Hershey from them, but the guy told me they were closing it
out, that they were replacing it with a "better quality" one. However, what
I got, other than color, was identical to what came with my car when I
bought it(except it was in nice condition.) I managed to get it on closeout
sale price- $1.50 a foot...Actually, I offered him "$20 for 20'" and he took
my offer! I ended up with a blue grey, which can easily be re-colored. The
weave also matches what I see in any of the close pictures in Costigan's
book on Herald and Vitesse.

Unfortunately, all I was able to get from England was the "fuzzy" rubber-
not at all the same covering. I was going to use that, until I found the
other.

So there- you got it out of me!

Scott