RE: TR3A Front Apron removal

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Front Apron removal
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 22:26:38 -0800
> So, I'm trying to remove the front apron of my TR3A before removing the
> engine and gearbox as one unit.  Of course, the bolts that secure
> the apron
> to the fenders screw into cage nuts which are turning inside the cages.

I haven't tried it, but ISTR the fenders cannot be detached from the inner
fenders with the apron in the way.

However, all but two of those bolts (one each side) can be accessed from the
inside with vise grips and some creativity.  Clamp the vise grips onto the
cages, to squeeze them back down on the square nuts, and leave them there
while you undo the bolts.

Randall