Re: speedometers

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speedometers
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:23:39 EST
Fred,
If this is the same fellow I knew, he also was an expert on repairing speedos
on foreign cars. His standard question was  "how many miles you want on this
thing?" As most of ours were warranty, we wanted correct original mileage
however, the used car dept. used his services as well and my recollection was
that one hell of a lot of used cars had 35,000 miles on 'em.
We had a run of Volvos in 1959 that had noisy speedos and he fixed a ton of
them. Don't remember many problems with TR. speedos though.