Re: any ideas on why my choke won't? TR3A

To: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: any ideas on why my choke won't? TR3A
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 20:07:29 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bob,   One of the reasons I replaced my carbs was the jets would not return
all the way after the choke was pulled.  This was most likely caused by the
jets not being centralized.  This is a tricky procedure that I always found
to be difficult.  If they are centralized correctly it will be easy to pull
them down using the lever and they should snap back all the way.  Oh by the
way I IMHO the new lever springs being offered are weak.  I put the old OE
ones on my new SU's.  If you have a TR3 owners manual check out the picture
of the choke linkage.  It shows the lever connecting rod as being offset
towards the engine.
A lot of guys get this wrong.
Just trying to Help,
Darrell