RUST Removal

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RUST Removal
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:01:05 -0500
I have no idea whether or not this works, but I was introduced today to the
theory of electrolysis for rust removal (it involves a basic solution and an
electrical charge, so I wouldn't recommend it for THAT kind of
electrolysis).

A gallon or two of water in a non-conductive container (e.g. Rubbermaid),
some Arm & Hammer Washing Soda, a chunk of stainless (or not) steel and a
battery charger are basically all that's needed. I found this through
another interest of mine, woodworking and old tools so this link relates to
that, but hey, rust is rust, huh? And we ALL know about rust!

Anyway, if you're interested, check it out at... http://www.rusty2l.com/

I intend to try this soon (bought the soda on the way home tonight) and will
report results. When I heard about this, I thought, "The guys on the TR list
are gonna LOVE this!"

Think I'll try it on an old car part instead of my "new" 100 year-old tenon
saw though. Where can I find a Rubbermaid container large enough for a TR3?
:^)

Stay tuned....

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry