RE: TR3a questions - windshield seal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3a questions - windshield seal
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 21:30:16 -0800 (PST)
>Not sure who sent the original post. - but be careful that you put
it
>in the correct way.  There should be the word "top" or "bottom" or >
>"front" or "back" on it somewhere near the middle.   Top/front means
>the side facing away from the cockpit or up into the air.

>Get it wrong and you'll get a nice breeze....

I used the method described lately by a lister who had I done by a
pro: Squirt generousely with liquid soap and, starting from the
center, use 2 plasic spatulas to slide it in left and right.
Definitively easier to describe than to perform. I ended up pushing
with a 1/4 inch wide screwdriver about 1-2 mm at a time! The spatuas
did not work, it required higher specific pressure.
As far as the in and out is concerned, I did not pay attention to the
'front' or 'back' markings and I do have a 1/4 inch gap 8-10 inches
wide right in front of the steering wheel...but I have seen a lot of
cars with it so I did not bother. I guess I'll have to look again, I
had assumed that you want the seal to angle towards to front of the
car, not towards to bottom.

Francois
TR3B daily driver