Re: brake bleeding

To: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake bleeding
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:54:29 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Walt Philipson <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
To: 6pack@autox.team.net <6pack@autox.team.net>;
triumphs-digest@autox.team.net <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, March 04, 2002 4:10 PM
Subject: brake bleeding

>Hey list,
>
>I saw this touched on in the 6-pack archives, but didn't see any responses.
>I've replaced the flex hoses in my brake system. I had the rear brakes open
>while I replaced my trailing arm bushings and rear springs. The master
>cylinder is new and replaced by the PO. The brakes worked OK before I did
>anything (I know, If it aint broken...) Anyway, I was able to successfully
>bleed the rear brakes with a mityvac hand pump. I can't get anything out of
>the front brakes, just air. The MC is full of fluid. Any suggestions? TIA.

First, junk the mytivac and pressure-bleed from the other end.  I use a
Gunson E Z Bleed, but you could take the time to cook your own and save buck
or two.

Have you tried to bleed them the old-fashioned way with the pedal?

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org