Re: trip in TR?

Subject: Re: trip in TR?
From: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:11:57 -0500 tests=SUBJ_ENDS_IN_Q_MARK,USER_IN_WHITELIST version=2.01
From: "Jack W. Drews"   Subject: trip in TR?

> Joe Alexander and I are leaving next Wednesday from northern Illinois to
> go to the Sebring 12 Hour. Probably about a 3000 mile trip, two retired
> guys, trying to hold down the cost so we're taking a tent and lots of
> sandwiches. We have three choices of conveyance -- my TR6, my aging BMW,
> or my 170,000  mile Chevy Asto van.
>
> I'd really like to take the TR, but got to thinking about the last three
> long trips and the problems (alternator in Canada, valve spring in
> Oklahoma, brake booster in Florida, broken rear hubs right here at home)
> and this is in a pristine and meticulously maintained TR6.

Hey Jack... if you get this far in whatever conveyance you decide to drive,
consider making us a stopover along the way, or at least someone to call if
you need to be towed in.  We're about 35 miles east of the intersection of
Interstates 10 and 75 just after you enter Florida and we'd be happy to put
you up for the night.  Beds, food and even hot running water in case you
need it.  Nothing fancy, but at least it's free.  Oh yeah, and TR6 parts...