Re: trip in TR?

To: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Roulleaux@skynet.be>
Subject: Re: trip in TR?
From: Charles Van Middlesworth <vanmiddl@kcmetro.cc.mo.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 11:48:05 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
My response to people who ask if they should drive their TR - Yes, road
driving is what makes owning a TR fun.  At my choice, I have had my 1974
TR6 gone through entirely (over a 3 year period - ujoints, clutch, complete
suspension overhaul and engine overhaul) - but what made the car perform
even better was driving it to the VTR in Colorado.  I'm from Kansas City,
and even though it was only a 1,600 mile trip for me, the car ran flawless.
Go over the car and make the decision: to drive or not to drive - comfort
is the main issue with me.  I told my mechanic, I did not buy this car to
drive in town - if I can't take it on the road and feel some element of
security - I will find a buyer.  I have owned my car for 16 years and I
maintain it like the cars I drive every day.  The only worry I ever have
is confronting a problem I can't solve.  Life's too short - go TR and go
with the top down!

Charles
Kansas City