Aw ^%&*!

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aw ^%&*!
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:34:58 -0000
Why is it that when you've spent the better part of the day expending
untold energies in cleaning and polishing, someone/thing comes along
and screws it all up?
Gave CG a thorough polish today, then a clearcoat top seal and
well-pleased with the results. As a reward, I took myself out for a
little 'blart' and stopped off briefly at the shops for household
essentials.
Upon my return, my gleaming and newly painted Triumph had a crowd
around it and as I approached, words along the lines of "what a shame"
and "the owner must have worked so hard" drifted towards me. Fearing
the worst that some loon had reversed into it or a friendly neighbour
had signed with a flourish along one door with a rusty nail - I
discovered it was almost as bad.
Clearly while in the shop, a migrating squadron of golden eagles,
having gorged themselves in a field of sennna pods with laxative
chocolate for dessert, had passed over and let go the whole load - and
every bit was on MY car! The rust buckets on either side were
completely untouched.
Just no alternative. Had to come home, hose it all down and start
over.
Currently, I don't entirely subscribe to the view that birds should be
protected species.

Jonmac