RE: Ignition(?) problem

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ignition(?) problem
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:36:42 -0500
Re "ignition problems", someone a year or so ago posted a story about how
his 6 kept dying.  He eventually discovered that the valves were too tight,
that when they wormed up the compression went away.  So check your valves.

(So far, from reading these messages one could conclude that it might be (1)
the condensor and points, (2) the gas tank, (3) the choke, (4) the gas line,
(5) the thermistat, (6) the head gasket, (7) the carb diaphragm(s), or (8)
the fuel pump.  I may have left something out.  The coil?  I may have
fabricated something accidentally.  Is this list great!)
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com