TR3 Set Belt Mounts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Set Belt Mounts
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@starband.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:02:41 -0800
     Several times I've seen list strings about TR3 seat belt mounts. The
previous mounts with the old floors was bolts threw the sheet metal and big
washers to distribute the strain. Not real safe, but better than no belts.
     Has anyone made mounts that bolt to the floor body mount points? There
are the two bolts by the outer floor with an additional two holes in the
frame/outrigger mounting pads. I envision a chunk of plate steel with a
welded on padeye at the aft outboard corner. Another could be made to mount
with the inner aft bolt (the counter sunk screw head bolt with the
grommet/washer thing).
     What have other listers done THAT WORKS.
     TIA.
     I plan to do a good write-up on welding in new floors while the body is
on the car to try to save others from the grief and hard lessons, speed
things up a bit, etc.. The new floors are great.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA
     1960 & 1961 TR3A's